Tuesday, May 26, 2009

break up


She's at it again. Scarlett Johansson has recorded another album. This time she's teamed up with Pete Yorn and together they've recorded Break Up. Now, we blogged about her last attempt and how while it wasn't as disastrous as we were expecting, it still was nothing to really write home about. This on the other hand, dare I say it, sounds pretty great. Granted, I've only heard the single and maybe because the songs aren't covers and she's not trying to do anything "arty" it's actually turned out to be something I'm honestly paying attention to.

Click here to here the single that I have to say, I like quite a bit. It's kinda retro and poppy and her voice is bang on. Maybe it's just the Pete Yorn I'm responding to? Musicforthemorningafter is still a record I la la love...

2 comments:

tara said...

So just to double check I listened to the single again on Marc's fancy studio monitors and it is confirmed. The song is indeed really really good. Can't speak for the whole album but I will 100% be getting that song at least for my library. Frankly, I am just happy to see Pete Yorn doing ANYTHING this good again..

AnnaVallance said...

Just had a listen and I thoroughly enjoyed the song.