Thursday, April 9, 2009

Hot Bunny Radio Playlist April 9th

CKLU.96.7fm
6-8pm
* denotes Canadian talent
italics denotes a new release

CLICK HERE FOR PODCAST OF THE FULL SHOW!!

Today is my lovely friend Liana's birthday.  Tonight's show is inspired by her.

  • Amy Millan -- Blue in Yr Eye -- Honey From the Tombs *
  • Bon Iver -- Skinny Love -- For Emma, Forever Ago
  • Melissa McClelland -- A Girl Can Dream -- Victoria Day *
  • Joan Jett & the Blackhearts -- Crimson & Clover -- I Love Rock and Roll (VINYL)
  • The Bird & The Bee -- Birthday -- Ray Guns Are Not Just the Future
  • Cat Power -- Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again -- I'm Not There OSR
  • Danny Michel -- Tennessee Tobacco -- Valhalla *
  • George Harrison -- Beautiful Girl -- Thirty Three & 1/3 (VINYL)
  • The Decemberists -- O Valencia! -- The Crane Wife
  • Dressy Bessy -- There's A Girl -- Sound Go Round
  • The Von Bondies -- 21st Birthday -- Love, Hate, and Then There's You
  • Social Distortion --  Under My Thumb -- Live Heat (VINYL)
  • Fleet Foxes -- White Winter Hymnal -- Fleet Foxes
  • Holly Golightly & The Brokeoffs -- Getting High for Jesus -- Dirt Don't Hurt
  • Immaculate Machine -- Jarhand - Fables *
  • Neko Case -- Pretty Girls -- Blacklisted (VINYL)
  • Jenny Lewis -- Acid Tongue -- Acid Tongue
  • Waylon Jennings & Willie Nelson -- Mama Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys -- Waylon & Willie
  • Jenny Whiteley -- Banjo Girl -- Dear *
  • Dan Auerbach -- When I Left the Room -- Keep It Hid
  • The Kinks -- Denmark Street -- Lola vs. Powerman & the Moneygoround Pt.1
  • Yeah Yeah Yeah's -- Zero -- It's Blitz!!
  • Maow -- How Does That Grab You -- The Unforgiving Sounds of... *
  • Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds -- Babe, You Turn Me On -- The Lyre of Orpheus
  • Ray Lamontagne -- You Are The Best Thing -- Gossip in the Grain
  • Julie Doiron -- Blue -- I Can Wonder What You Did With Your Day *
  • Sunparlour Players -- If the Creeks Don't Rise -- Hymns for the Happy *
  • Malajube -- Luna -- Labyrinthes *
  • United Steel Workers of Montreal -- Imaginary Bars -- (weewerk) is 6! *
  • The Zombies -- I Love You -- The Best of (VINYL)
  • Ryan Adams -- Like A Fool -- Score! 20 Years of Merge Records - The Covers *
Notes this week:
  • Seriously, I cannot stop listening to this Bon Iver song.  It makes me want to cry;
  • If you don't love that Joan Jett song you are made of wood;
  • If you don't wiggle to that Danny Michel song, see above wood comment;
  • I don't know what it is about "O Valencia" but every time I hear it it's still the best song ever written.  It's like West Side Story in 3 minutes and 48 seconds.  Which for me is much preferable to sitting through the actual W.S.S,;
  • OK, so maybe the Social D doesn't exactly fit into my theme, sorry Liana, that one was for me...
  • Thanks Holly Golightly, you can't have an Easter without a good Jesus song;
  • Fun = that Immaculate Machine song;
  • Dear Yeah Yeah Yeah's:  heeheeheeheeheehee...that song makes me want to be in a dance club I'm much too old to actually be in;
  • that Ryan Adams song is a cover of a Superchunk song



No comments: