Wednesday, June 4, 2008

why do we love tyra?



Cuz she's the Mayor of Crazytown! I'm talking full-on looney Tyra. So crazy, I love it. Now we all know how I feel about America's Next Top Model -- it's the best show on television and I make no apologies whatsoever for my love of it. Tyra herself started out on this show relatively normal, offering casual critiques and modelling tips -- your standard host duties. With every cycle, she seems to get more and more delusional. I'm not entirely sure she knows what's going on anymore and perhaps thinks these girls are, in fact, going to be high fashion models when all is said and done. Or she just likes going home and rolling around in her Spanx on her giant pile of money. Either way, the woman is like a drag queen robot. You know how sometimes you leave your electric toothbrush charging a bit too long and when you go to use it, it takes a few uses for it to calm down and not knock your teeth out? She's a bit like those first few minutes.


Anyway, this video takes the cake for me. It's Tyra's Smiling 101 Video. 7 smiles every model should have in their arsenal. And she's serious. She also claims to have 275 of these smiles on file in that giant head of hers. For realsies. 275! I couldn't give you 275 examples of anything!! I think my personal favourite is the "smiling at your boyfriend" smile although I think if I ever smiled at Marc like that he'd think I was having an aneurysm. I also never get tired of Tyra's lessons on how to "smile with your eyes" but could never perfect it like my friend Sylvia has.


Oh Tyra, you are truly turning into a cartoon and I cannot look away.

No comments: