Monday, June 2, 2008

there's always room for....

....everything! At least while on vacation in NYC!! Dinner schmimmer -- let's focus on what really matters and that's dessert! I've been heavily scouring blogs of note for fun places to eat while in the big city and have come up with a couple of "must finds." Current NYC lady of all things cool is Abbey and this week she blogged about The Dessert Truck.  I'd read about it a couple of different places but her post sent me over the line and a visit is definite.  The Dessert Truck is a mobile dining concept specializing in fanciful desserts -- all for $5!  All you have to do is find it!  My choice?  Most likely the Chocolate Bread Pudding made with vanilla creme anglaise.

 

Next up, Jordan over at 
Oh Happy Day - she literally just got back from NYC and dedicated a whole post just to food.  Highlights dessert-wise include:

The City Bakery:  Hot chocolate is about all the incentive I need but add the fact that it's around the corner from ABC Home (where I'm definitely going) and I'm sold.






















Max Brenner: A New York chocolate icon -- I can't stay away.  And check out the adorable ceramic mugs things are served in!  I'm going to have to seriously resist the urge to pocket one of them.  Plus an entire menu dedicated to hot chocolate!  I'm swooning...























The Magnolia Bakery:  I don't really need to say more about why I want to go here.  It's just what you do when you're in the Village and it's around the corner from our apartment (I believe).  Cupcakes and milk?  Done and done.























Thank you ladies for the photos and the sweeeeeeeet inspiration!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are EXCELLENT choices! When are you coming?

tara said...

we get there on the 19th and leave on the 23rd!!