Sunday, November 25, 2007

Weekend round-up...

Talk about your mix o'stuff this weekend! I feel as though I did it all and that is not necessarily a good thing. Friday was a standard work day and after work I was finally able to take care of a silly errand that had been eluding me for about 2 weeks. Post-errand Marc dropped me off for tapas with the ladies at Envy, our local tapas haunt. A delightful evening was had with Brittainy and Karen and a couple of their friends who I had the chance to get to know over dinner and many, many bottles of wine. We pigged out, pigged out some more, dished on our husbands/boyfriends and did all that stuff that happens when ladies get together. Afterwards, we headed further into the downtown for some more drinks and merriment in sassy boots and shoes. Andthenoneoftheladieswantedtoslumitandweendedupgettingsmashedataseedyboobiebar. What was that? Hmmm I'm not sure. Probably nothing....

Saturday resulted in one of those sneaky hangovers that lulls you into a false sense of tummy security at the beginning of the day. Then at around 2:00 when you're at the grocery store happily running errands it sneaks up on you and punches you square in the stomach. I couldn't get home fast enough and spent 4 hours back in bed, jammies on and shades drawn. Thankfully, I woke up to Marc making homemade cheese manicotti, garlic bread and chocolate pots and it hugely helped to soak up any leftover booziness still hanging around. I even made it out to the Townehouse to see our friends Ryan Levecque and Cindy Doire wipe the floor with the Saturday night crowd. What a pleasure that was. I can't remember the last time I saw a chick holding court on the stage at the TH on a Saturday night. It's been far too long. Sudbury ladies, we should all be sending Cindy some flowers and trampy panties -- she kicked that much ass.

Sunday brought not one, but two wee girl birthday parties. One for my niece Melissa who turned 1 and the other for Marc's niece Livea who turned 5. Both ladies were adorable and it was a day filled with family fun and possibly too much birthday cake. Perhaps we consider these parties the kick-off for the holiday season to come? Well done my ladies!

I still didn't get my Christmas tree up nor did we put up our lights outside. I think maybe we are waiting for it to get positively freezing out so as to make the experience as painful as possible. Maybe next weekend?

No comments: