Wednesday, November 14, 2007

the art of music placement and why mary louise parker is great

I love "Weeds" and I have a girl-crush on Mary Louise Parker and think she is one of the most underrated actresses out there. I am thrilled she seems to have finally found her way to being noticed. On the first season of Weeds there was an episode ending that just about killed me and illustrates 1) why M.L.P is outstanding and 2) how vital the right song can be to a scene. In this scene Nancy, whose husband recently passed, is watching an old tape they had made of them being intimate. The way her faces changes from laughter to utter longing for the past kills me. The song is Leona Naess' "Ballerina" and I can't imagine a better song for this scene. It's what missing someone sounds like. Watching this scene breaks my heart everytime and makes me want to grab Marc and never ever let him go.

Click here for the clip. You won't be sorry.


No comments: