Friday, November 9, 2007

Hot Bunny Radio: The Show That Never Was

So my attempts at a show last night were thrwarted by a malfunctioning swipe card. Not being able to get into the station means having to turn around and drive home. For those of you who are devastated at missing my show, my intention was to do a Weakerthans in review show. But fear not, I'll just do it next week cuz my playlist is already made. There was much setlist consultation between myself and Kaili to ensure we didn't miss anything from the show. So tune in next week for this stellar line-up of the best of The Weakerthans.


But because I couldn't do my show, I also couldn't talk about The Lost Weekend happening at the Townehouse this weekend. Holy crap! 4 nights of crazy music! It started last night and carries through until Sunday. On the music menu -- tonight The Sadies and the Wildbirds, tomorrow White Cowbell Oklahoma (naked men and chainsaws?? I'm so there!) and Bionic on Sunday. For $25!!! Fun! And everyone's favourite Big City Kelly is coming into town so I'm super pumped about that. Yay Kelly!! This weekend will result in tired Tara on Monday morning. While everyone else is off for Rememberance Day, I'll be at my desk most likely comatose wishing I worked for the government. I'll be remembering my bed...

1 comment:

kelly said...

I think I'm cursed - no matter how many times I plan to be at a Sadies show, something always seems to pop up and prevent me from being there (that "something" in this case being along the lines of "Hmmm, maybe asking to take a half-day off work to see a band - on the Friday of a long weekend, during my first week on the job - isn't the best idea.") So booooo to having to be a stupid grown-up, but hooray to seeing you guys tomorrow!!

Also, perhaps you could suggest to the Good brothers they do a show in my backyard so I can break the curse? I'm sure they'd be on board.