Thursday, August 13, 2009

Hot Bunny Radio Playlist for August 13th

CKLU 96.7FM
6-8pm

* denotes Canadian talent
italics denotes a new release


  • The Smiths -- Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want -- (500) Days of Summer OSR
  • Doves -- There Goes the Fear -- (500) Days of Summer OSR
  • Joel Plaskett Emergency -- Nothing More to Say -- Ashtray Rock *
  • Big Star -- My Life is Right -- #1 Record
  • Zeus -- I Know -- Sounds Like Zeus *
  • Au Revoir Simone -- Organized Scenery -- Still Night, Still Light
  • Michelle Shocked -- Steppin' Out -- The Texas Campfire Tapes (VINYL)
  • Spoon -- Well Alright -- Dark Was the Night
  • Reverie Sound Revue -- An Anniversary Away -- Reverie Sound Revue *
  • Radiohead -- Thinking About You -- Pablo Honey (VINYL)
  • Emily Haines & the Soft Skeleton -- Our Hell -- Knives Don't Have Your Back *
  • The Rural Alberta Advantage -- Don't Haunt This Place -- Hometowns *
  • Lou Reed -- Street Hassle -- Rock and Roll Diary (VINYL)
  • The Wind Whistles -- House for a Mouse -- Animals are People Too *
  • The Band -- Ophelia -- Best of the Band
  • The Jam -- Ghosts -- The Gift
  • Frank Black & the Catholics -- Black Letter Days -- Black Letter Days
  • The Got To Get Got -- Peyton and Perry -- Sahalee *
  • Chris Velan -- I'm In, Come In -- Solidago
  • Smoking Popes -- Need You Around -- Born to Quit
  • The Danks -- What's the Rush? -- Are You Afraid of the Danks
  • Violent Femmes -- Good Feeling -- Violent Femmes
  • Dancehall Free For All -- Danny Knows -- 9-5 Lives *
  • Wilco -- Country Disappeared -- Wilco (the album) (VINYL)
  • Nathan Lawr -- Suitcase on the Lawn -- Secret Carpentry *
  • Rancid -- I Ain't Worried -- Let the Dominoes Fall
  • The Rovers -- Wasn't That a Party - 45 (VINYL)
  • MC5 -- Ramblin' Rose -- Kick Out the Jams
  • Jenny Lewis -- Acid Tongue -- Acid Tongue (VINYL)

MUSICAL NOTES FOR THIS WEEK:
  • I really really do think that "Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want" might be one of my all-time favourite songs. I had a boyfriend who used to sing it to me in the loveliest voice. But that's not why it's my favourite. In fact, I'm surprised that hasn't ruined it for me....;
  • Some Joel Plaskett dedicated to Lisa in honour of her kick-ass booby birthday cake;
  • Zeus is made up of the folks that backup Jason Collet. Nicely done;
  • The Spoon track on Dark Was the Night = FUNNEST SONG EVER!!!!!!
  • Man, haven't listened to that Radiohead song in about 6 years. Used to level me;
  • Yup, this R.A.A record is growing on me like a wonderful wonderful fungus!
  • Happy belated birthday to Marco. Here is our annual birthday playing of all 11 minutes of "Street Hassle" just for him;
  • Opheeeeeeeeelia! Where have you gone? I F-ing love that song!!!
  • Still diggin this Got To Get Got record.....
  • Smoking Popes....so classic. Love that track;
  • The Danks - again loving a track despite hating the band name;
  • Man, does that Violent Femmes track ever take me back....
  • Blech...that Dancehall track was just awful. Mental note, ignore disc in future;
  • Dear Mike Ness: I would NEVER leave before you;
  • The Rovers - tonight's HUGE winner in the 45 Death Match, trampling Gary Pucket and the Union Gap. Must have been the 3 or 4 six packs that did it....sorry Gary!
  • Dear MC5: I think I would like to be part of the solution please.



No comments: