Sunday, July 26, 2009

what i did on my summer vacation: part one


So I been away awhile and it's cuz I been away doing all kinds o'summer fun stuff! The next few posts are a breakdown of how I've been spending my time!!

First trip - off to Toronto for my much anticipated Neko Case show at Massey Hall! My favourite female performer at my favourite musical venue. It was staggering. I've been blessed with 2 Neko Case shows this summer and if I see one more my wee little heart might break. For a review, you can likely refer back to my review of her Trinity Church show - same feelings, same thoughts, and if you forced me to choose, likely my preferred show of the two. But only because the intimacy of the church venue allowed you to actually hear her voice before it hit the microphone - making you think, even for a split second, that she was singing just to you. But really, both shows were breathtaking and even if I saw her perform once a week every week, I would never tire.

Worth special mention is her 2nd encore performance of "Knock Loud." I've never heard her perform that song live and she just Sonic Youth-ed the shit out of that song and just made my skin jump right off my body and back on again.

Honestly, a Neko show is almost too much for me. Too much amazingness, too much greatness, too many teary-eyed moments for me in public, just too much all around.

And coming up in November at Massey Hall - Monsters of Folk with Jim James, Conor Oberst, M Ward, and Mike Mogis?!?!?!?! Yup I'm SO there!


No comments: