Monday, August 25, 2008

weekend round-up

Hello weekend!! It was so lovely to see you and so sad to see you go. Friday I was the tiredest girl in the whole world and even skipped a party to stay home and wallow in my exhaustion. Thank god for the Olympics.

Saturday, up bright and early for a haircut and chat with Paula and onwards for an amazing breakfast at the Parker House. I haven't eaten there in a dog's age and shame on me! It was mega-delicious and I'm happy to see they've expanded their lunch menu to include about a 100 different kinds of sammiches! Including........wait for it......a pulled pork sammich!!!! Wha???? Pulled pork only blocks from my office and I'm only just now finding out about it???? I'll have none of that!!

Saturday night, evening nap leads to a great (but yawny) night at the Townehouse to see Kaili's friends Reverb Syndicate! Finally! What fun was had, complete with dancing go-go girls and toe-tapping surf music. Excellent, excellent....except for the after 1am start time. But I made it to exactly 1:50am before I had to admit defeat and run home to bed.

Sunday, the Garlic Festival! One of my favourite events of the summer. Not for the awful, awful street entertainment or the 15 vendors selling nothing but garlic but for the endless stands of folks selling anything and everything made of garlic. It's. So. Good. Filled with garlicky goodness we headed for coffee with my parents, trip to the Farmer's Market and over to their place for snacks and chat. Homeward bound for some slow-cooker chicken wings (sooooo good.....) and you guessed it, borderline napping on the couch until it's time for bed.

The Olympics are over. Now I'll have to go back to reading my book to entertain myself. Whatever.

No comments: