Tuesday, August 5, 2008

weekend round-up

Ahhh the weekend round up......it's back.

The weekend started Thursday night for us with an imprompt birthday soiree for pal Miss Gomm. Happy Birthday Miss Gomm!!!!! Thanks to the Siposberry's for hosting us all yet again and introducing me to the joy that is a hamdog. A hamdog is the invention of our friend Mike (the biggest lover of all things meat I've ever met) and is the answer for anyone who's ever struggled with not being able to decide between a hamburger and a hotdog. Quick description: it's a hamburger patty rolled into the shape of a hotdog, grilled and put in a hotdog bun. For me, someone who detests hotdogs, this was a stupendous invention and I give a hearty "well done" to the Sipes for that one.

Onwards to the Townehouse for Marcouxapalooza (a.k.a annual family reunion for our "brothers from another mother" friends the Leve(c)que brothers). They come from a ridiculously musical family and this show kicked off their 35th annual family reunion. It rocked out.

Sleepy Friday morning for this lady led to a lovely night of cocktails with my friend (and coffee pusher) Liana and her husband Craig. We gossipped and talked about food and drank drinks. Seriously, what more do you need on a Friday?

Saturday I braved the impossible and took 3 of my 4 nieces to see Wall-E at the movies. 1 giant soda + 1 gigantic pail of popcorn + 1 package of Nibs + 4 trips to the bathroom + 1 discussion with my 3 year old niece trying to convince her that we were, in fact, seeing the Wall-E movie when she said loudly mid-movie "Why aren't we seeing the Wall-E movie? I want to see that one!"= a pretty fun afternoon.

Then Marc left for Toronto and his Will Gillespie and the Saltcoats gig at the Silver Dollar. Me, I flew solo (well not solo if you count Mina who I was dogsitting for my parents) and girlied out. I finished my Nabokov book that's been haunting my nightstand for far too long, rented movies, ate junk food and stayed up super late and went to sleep with a dog on my bed. It was grand.
Sunday I woke up to a pot of coffee that Marc had prepped for me before he left (sigh) and took care of buckets of laundry, gardening and cleaning like a good little wife. Also making me a good wife was the pitcher of mojitos I made in preparation for Marc's return forgetting, of course, that he was on-call and couldn't help me drink it. Enter Kelly who jumped in and saved the day. Yay for Kelly!! You really kicked our friendship up a notch by coming over and making such a noble sacrifice. Thankfully we were able to hunker down and get the job done.

Monday brought the hottest day of the year and a trip to the conservation area for Puppy Playdate 2008 with Murray and Mina. Good heavens do I ever love a long weekend. We took a lovely hike, the puppies had about a million swims and it was a great way to start the day. Below are some pics of Mina, Murray and Bailey from Puppy Playdate 2007. Sigh....







Then the saddest thing ever happened -- the long weekend ended. Chin up kid, there will be more. Someday.....