Friday, August 22, 2008

outside on the inside


I don't think I'd ever trade in all my coveted Northern outdoor space but I still love the idea of the outdoor room. Apartment Therapy has a great series of shots featuring some beautiful spaces from Washington Spaces magazine. This one is probably my favourite.
It reminds me of that amazing apartment greenhouse in that awful movie Green Card. Does anyone remember that one? Andie MacDowell's character sets up a fake marraige so she can get this incredible New York apartment with this indoor greenhouse. It's all old-fashioned iron and marble with the indoor sprinkler system complete with tiny birds in cages and a stone fishpond. It's postively dripping with greenery and moss. It's just stunning and I would have lied to get it too. I could only find one picture on the whole internet but you can kind of see it in the background. Can you imagine living in the city and being able to open your doors to that everyday? Bliss.

No comments: