Thursday, August 21, 2008

posts in the key of kelly: handclaps


Something else that Kelly loves? Songs with handclaps. Here is a humungous and gigantic list of songs featuring handclaps (minus anything bad like Jack & Diane or Centerfold or John Fogarty and also no Beatles only because there are too many to mention). Thanks to Kaili and LB for the last minute additions!!!

Fountains Of Wayne - Stacy's Mom
Blur - Tender
Super Furry Animals - International Language of Screaming
Belle and Sebastian - Boy with the Arab Strap
Hot Hot Heat - Island Of The Honest Man
Tilly and the Wall - Fell Down The Stairs
The Cure - Close To Me
The Magic Numbers - Love Me Like You
The Wannadies - What You Want
Kings of Leon - King of the Rodeo
The Temptations - Ain't Too Proud To Beg
Martha Reeves & The Vandellas - Jimmy Mack
The Marvelettes - Please Mr Postman
The Contours - Do You Love Me
Martha Reeves & The Vandellas - (Love Is Like A) Heatwave
Marvin Gaye - How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)
The Temptations - The Way You Do The Things You Do
The Velvelettes - Needle In A Haystack
Mary Wells - My Guy
Curtis Mayfield - Never Stop Loving Me
Curtis Mayfield - Trippin Out
The Weakerthans - Night Windows
The Bluetones - If
Kaiser Chiefs - I Predict A Riot
David Bowie - Space Oddity
Weezer - The Other Way
Kaiser Chiefs - Hard Times Send Me
Bloc Party - Hero
The Rakes - 22 Grand Job
Damon Albarn - Democrazy
Belle and Sebastian - Lazy Line Painter Jane
Belle and Sebastian - Seymour Stein
Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins - The Big Guns
Jens Lekman - A Sweet Summer Night on Hammer Hill
Gomez - Las Vegas Dealer
Hefner - Hello Kitten
Fugazi - Public Witness Program
The Pipettes - Pull Shapes
Tokyo Police Club - Citizens of Tomorrow
Peter, Bjorn & John - Let's Call it Off
The Shins -- Kissing the Lipless
Radiohead - We Suck Young Blood
Arcade Fire - Rebellion (lies)
The Zombies - She Does Everything For Me
Wolf Parade - Fancy Claps
Broken Social Scene - Stars and Sons
OK GO - You're So Damn Hot
Bay City Rollers - Saturday Night
Simon & Garfunkel - Cecilia
The Clash - Rock the Casbah
The Go-Go's - Head Over Heels
Beck - Where It's At
The Stooges - No Fun
Rheostatics -- Rain, Rain, Rain
The Rainmakers - I Talk With My Hands
The Stooges - Shake Appeal
The Monkees - Look Out (Here Comes Tomorrow)
Belle & Sebastian - Women's Realm
Rilo Kiley - The Frug
Le Tigre - Deceptacon
Boney M - Rasputin
Ben Folds - Zak & Sara
Elvis Costello - Welcome to the Working Week
Nick Cave - The Weeping Song
Ben Lee - Catch My Disease
Badly Drawn Boy - Four Leaf Clover
Super Furry Animals - Receptacle for the Respectable
Miles Davis - On The Corner
Cake - Opera Singer
Most Serene Republic - Proposition 61
Sleater - Kinney - Turn It On
Postal Service - Clark Gable
The Magic Numbers - Forever Lost
Bjork - It's In Our Hands
Weezer - The Other Way
Nina Simone - Sinnerman
Beta Band - Broken Up A Ding Dong
Spoon - The Way We Get By
Le Tigre - TKO
Phantom Planet - Nobody's Fault
Sufjan Stevens - The Tallest Man, The Broadest Shoulders
Weezer - Photograph
Rilo Kiley - With Arms Outstretched
LCD Soundsytem - Disco Infiltration
Pipas - How to Tie a Tie
Jonathan Richman - Velvet Underground
The Boy Least Likely To - I See Spiders When I Close My Eyes
Mirah - Oh! September
Tullycraft - Secretly Minnesotan
St. Vincent - Marry Me
Constantines - Some Party
Tangiers - One Thousand Hands
Ted Leo & the Pharmacists - The Sons of Cain
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Bang
Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin - I Am Warm & Powerful
Basia Bulat - Before I Knew
Billy Bragg & Wilco - Airline to Heaven
Joel Plaskett Emergency - Drunk Teenagers
Prince - Delirious
Spoon - Sister Jack
Jonathan Richman - California Desert Party
Sloan - Everything You've Done Wrong
Jason Collett - These Are The Days
Wilco - Monday
V-Roys - Amy 88
Danny Michel - Beautiful
Danny Michel - Midnight Train
Paul Westerberg - Waiting For Somebody
Dick Dale & His Delltones - Miserlou
The Unicorns - The Clap
Bell Orchestre - Throw It On A Fire
Architecture in Helsinki - It's 5!
The Clash - Hateful
The Kooks - She Moves In Her Own Way
The Raveonettes - Noisy Summer
The Flaming Lips - Yeah Yeah Yeah Song
Johnny Cash - God's Gonna Cut You Down
Super Furry Animals - Play It Cool
Feist - Sea Lion Woman
The Beach Boys - Roller Skating Child
The Kinks - Everybody's Gonna Be Happy
Old 97's - Oppenheimer
The Ramones - I Can't Make It On Time
L7 - Fast & Frightening
Martha & the Muffins - Indecision
From Bubblegum to Sky - Hello Hello Hi
Tom Waits - Eyeball Kid
Peaches - Hit It Hard
Liz Phair - Mesmerizing
Siouxsie & the Banshees - Carcass
Camera Obscura - Come Back Margaret
Emm Gryner - Hook Machine
PJ Harvey - Who the Fuck
Tom Waits - Walk Away
Tortoise - Seneca
The Shirelles - I Met Him on a Sunday
Regina Spektor - On the Radio
The 5,6,7,8's - Woo Hoo
The Beach Boys - I Get Around
Blur - All Your Life
Frank Zappa & Captain Beefheart - Metal Man Has Won His Wings
Feist - 1 2 3 4
Blonde Redhead - In Particular
Metric - Monster Hospital
Basia Bulat - I Was A Daughter
Goldfrapp - Lovely To See You
Rufus Wainwright - Instant Pleasure
Dresden Dolls - Night of the Roses
Suzanne Vega - Room Off The Street
Cat Stevens - Peace Train
Violent Femmes - American Music
Prince - Little Red Corvette
Los Campesinos - It Started With A Mixx
The Lucksmiths - Off With His Cardigan!
Oh No! Oh My! - Women Are Born In Love
The Pipettes - Because It's Not Love
Sambassadeur - Between The Lines
The Blow - Long List of Girls
Acid House Kings - Do What You Wanna Do
Tokyo Police Club - If It Works
The Kills - M-E-X-I-C-O-C-U
Sloan - Snowsuit Sounds
Constantines - Insectivora
Gnarls Barkley - The Last Time
Ridley Bent - David Harley's Son

1 comment:

kelly said...

Can I tell you a secret? Something sort of funny?

Remember that present I've been promising you since, oh I don't know, Christmas? And then it was going to be a birthday present? And then I was going to give it to you at Hillside (which you didn't know because I learned my lesson and stopped mentioning that I had a present for you), but now it's August and you still don't have it?

Right. Not to ruin the surprise or anything, but it was actually a Kelly-made hand clap box set. With some of these songs and a bunch of others. And it was to be called "Kelly's Best Handclap Songs in the History of Forever", just like on my Facebook page where I mention that putting together such boxsets would be part of my dream life.

But the problem is, I kept finding songs and writing them down in random places, like on the inside of an empty Dentyne package and on the back of ATM slips and on the business card that I was using as a bookmark in that book that I never actually finished.

And then I'd lose them.
And then I'd start over.
Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

And now you've given me this whole amazing list of unbelievable handclap songs, some of which I have on my list and some of which I didn't, but now I can't give you the box set because it would be like you making your own box set. Sort of.

But man, this list is so good.
And I've had way too much caffeine today.