Tuesday, September 2, 2008

weekend round-up

Oh long weekend....why can't you be every week?? There is nothing more satisfying than waking up early Monday morning and thinking "that's right alarm clock, go F--K yourself."

Friday brought a lunchtime trip to our RibFest for pulled pork sammich lunch. Needless to say, the rest of the afternoon was spent holding my tummy and crying waiting for 5pm. Quick dash home and out to Windy Lake to meet the gang for campfire goodtimes. Alas, we couldn't stay overnight but even an evening trip to a provincial park is a good thing. Ahhh Ontario where a provincial park is a 20 minute drive away.....

Saturday I confess, we went back to RibFest and I had yet another pulled pork sammich for lunch. I can't help it!! And there were all these different vendors, you have to try them all!! I do think I need to spend the week on a meat hiatus though. That might be a definite.

Saturday night I stole Mina from my parents to keep me company while Marc played a gig in Sault Ste Marie. We went for a nice walk, napped on the couch and she occupied Marc's side of the bed with all 80 pounds of her furry self.

Sunday, Marc returns home just in time for me to show him our bear visit #2. No thanks to Mina for not alerting me to the bear that was a backyard length away. Onwards to BBQ #2 of the weekend thanks to the lovelyness that is Jen and Richard. They have pretty much the best yard ever for BBQ's and campfires and we spent the night chatting and laughing and being serenaded by a mash up of Jean Wells, the Havocs and The Statues. Yay!

Monday brought a lovely long morning visit with my folks and BBQ #3 at my brother's place with the whole family. Horseshoes, blender drinks, sunshine, 2 neighbourhood Golden Retriever puppies and walks. Seriously, long weekend you spoil me. Let's never break up.

.

1 comment:

La Belette Rouge said...

That is a whole lot of BBQ!! Are you sure your not a Texan?;-)