Tuesday, May 20, 2008

90210, I wish I could quit you...

Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in........who am I kidding??? I'm beyond beside myself for the new Beverly Hills 90210 spinoff! Why can't it be today???? How many more sleeps???? It's awful, I know. I'm far too old for this type of show and yet I'm hopelessly down for the count. It'll be trashy, gossipy, most likely fairly trampy and 100% made for Tara. I'll be watching it weekly with chips and snacks for sure. They put out a trailer yesterday and that alone sent me over the moon! What's even better? Jessica Walter from Arrested Development appears to be playing the grandmother! Cool bit of trivia? Shenae Grimes is playing the lead female character. She's better known for her role on the new Degrassi but she also played the role of a young Shania Twain in the movie of the week that shot right here in Sudbury that we worked on! How's that for full circle?

Anyway, as you can tell I'm fairly pumped for this show to start. From the trailer it looks like they've got all the appropriate characters lined up: wide-eyed principal's daughter, snobby rich girl, playful jock, journalistic teen hearthrob, even a Full House blast from the past -- yup, sounds about right. Of course that being said, it's also perfectly suited to being cancelled 2 weeks into the run. Sweet baby jessie, don't let that happen.



No comments: