On another note, tonight is my annual Christmas show so I invite all of you from afar to tune in online at www.cklu.ca and stream it live - it'll be great I promise. Songs about Christmas, holidays, snow and winter. Starts at 6pm sharp.
So here's stuff I've loved from October 9th until now:
- Still loving that Entire Cities record;
- Basia Bulat's Oh Darling record is too sweet for words;
- Belleisle = pretty, pretty, pretty;
- Jay Crocker's song "Tornado Warning" is a really, really good song;
- The new Jenny Lewis record - to be included in my Best of 2008 for sure. In a nutshell, I saved an iTunes gift card I got for my birthday in May so I could use it for the release of this record in the fall. Oh yeah, don't tell me I don't plan...
- Sebastian Granger & the Mountains - saw them blow the doors of a tiny bar in Austin during their afternoon showcase - so F-ing good! Death From Above who???? Forget them and run with this Sebastian!!
- Noah & the Whale - yup I like this record a lot too;
- Land of Talk and the song "It's Okay" - holy crap, this song made me stop in my tracks and just listen;
- Jenny Omnichord's new record Charlotte or Otis - an entire record of songs for kids, about kids etc all centered around the birth of her and her partner's surprise baby. The title track is heartbreakingly sweet. Perhaps a bit too heartbreaking for me but I still love it. A must-listen for all those expecting. Plus the record is chock full of celebrity friends....
- the new Amelia Curran record has finally made me pay attention to her. And man, am I EVER paying attention. War Brides is such a good record and the song Scattered and Small is one I need to listen to once a day at least.
That's about it in a nutshell. A teeny tiny nutshell. Be sure and listen for your fix of holiday cheer from 6-8pm tonight! I'll post my full playlist from that show I promise!!