Thursday, October 8, 2009

Hot Bunny Radio Playlist for October 8th

CKLU 96.7FM
6-8pm
* denotes Canadian talent
italics denotes a new release


  • The Gruesomes -- Thanks for Nothing -- Hey! *
  • The Jam -- Mr. Clean -- All Mod Cons
  • Johnny Thunders -- So Alone -- So Alone
  • Two Hours Traffic -- Weightless One -- Territory *
  • Dan Auerbach -- I Want Some More -- Keep It Hid
  • The Hidden Cameras -- Kingdom Come -- Origin: Orphan *
  • Justin Vernon & Aaron Dessner -- Big Red Machine -- Dark Was The Night
  • The Paper Cranes -- Chivalry's Dead -- Chivalry's Dead *
  • Monsters of Folk -- Say Please -- Monsters of Folk
  • Amelia Curran -- Tiny Glass Houses -- Hunter, Hunter *
  • Neko Case -- Bowling Green -- The Virginian
  • Said The Whale -- Out on the Shield -- Islands Disappear *
  • Littlejoy -- Don't Watch Me Dancing -- Littlejoy
  • Dead Man's Bones -- My Baby -- Dead Man's Bones
  • Thao -- Swimming Pools -- Paste Music Sampler 40
  • The Wooden Sky -- Oh My God (It Still Means a Lot to Me) -- If I Don't Come Home You'll Know I'm Gone *
  • Cuff the Duke -- It's All A Blur -- Way Down Here *
  • Shotgun Jimmie -- Waist Deep in the Water -- Still Jimmie *
  • Florence & the Machine -- Kiss With A Fist -- Lungs
  • You Say Party! We Say Die! -- Dark Days -- You Say Party! We Say Die! *
  • Zeus -- I Know -- Sounds Like Zeus *
  • John Doe & The Sadies -- Are The Good Times Really Over For Good -- Country Club
  • Young Galaxy -- Oh Sister -- Invisible Republic *
  • Pete Yorn & Scarlett Johansson -- I Don't Know What To Do -- Break Up
  • Amy Millan -- I Will Follow You Into the Dark -- Masters of the Burial *
  • Wilco -- You and I -- Wilco (the album)
  • The Danks -- What We're Doing -- Are You Afraid of the Danks? *
  • Black Lips -- Bad Kids -- (500) Days of Summer OSR
  • The Antlers -- Wake -- Hospice

Notes this week:
  • Oh it's been too long since I've listened to this Dan Auerbach record....
  • I wonder what the Hidden Cameras listen to for fun? Perhaps themselves?
  • Justin Vernon & Aaron Dessner should put out a record together - I need more than a couple songs!!!
  • Oh yeah, the above boys otherwise known as Bon Iver and 1/2 of The National;
  • Monsters of Folk is definitely going on my fave records of 2009 list, it may even be at the top;
  • It's impossible for me to listen to Amelia Curran's voice without getting all tight in the throat. Man, that voice...
  • I still love Neko's The Virginian just as much as all of her stuff;
  • Said the Whale "This record's great!!!"
  • They talk about Littlejoy in the movie Whip It;
  • The fact that Ryan Gosling used a fun childrens choir all over his Dead Man's Bones record makes me love him even more. Well....love.....or maybe dirty filthy lust is a better qualifier for my feelings towards Ryan Gosling...
  • I'm still mad I had to miss the Wooden Sky show. I like this record bunches and bunches!!
  • Kudos to Pete and Scarlett for making a really decent record - is the starlet curse broken? Frankly I'm just happy Pete's doing anything really;
  • I will follow you into the dark. Is there a greater declaration of love?
  • Wilco!! Next week!!! 5th row!!!!

No comments: