Tuesday, July 29, 2008

tiny things are cool

Attention Londoners (Shannon this means you). Fellow blogger Shira wrote just the loveliest post the other day about why tiny things seem to be loved by so many. In her post she talked about a London artist who creates these tiny, tiny art projects and leaves them out on the London streets to fend for themselves. It's called Little People and he's got a blog documenting his work. Shannon imagine if you stumbled across one on your way to work one day? I know something like that would just make my day. Here are some of my faves both close up and zoomed out so you can truly see how tiny these things are:

Last Kiss





Majestic





Manhole Swimming




Bad Road



Dear Son




His work reminds me of the art installation I saw at the 8th Ave/14th Street Chelsea subway station in New York City. Walking along I look down only to see these tiny bronze sculptures coming out of the floors and "working" on subway fixtures like beams etc. It's called Life Underground and was done by artist Tom Otterness and it really made me smile during an especially hot and stuffy very un-fun moment in the subway.












Ahhhhh the joys of public art. Hear that Sudbury?? The JOYS of PUBLIC ART!!!!!!!


3 comments:

Canadian in London said...

I wish I was observant enough to notice that if I do cross by one. That looks amazing!

tara said...

On his blog he tells you where they are -- you should go on an art finding day and see if they're still there.

Design Scouting said...

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!