Tuesday, July 22, 2008

summer cottage

Well I'm back in the land of the living now after a glorious week off in the country. As I mentioned, we rented a summer cottage in Haliburton with my entire family. It was so exactly what the doctor ordered and I'm fairly sure I left part of my brain there. I'm having a bit of a hard time getting back into "life" mode after having spent 7 days with no concept of what time it was or what day it was. Your whole time clock becomes centered around "Is it time to eat again?" and "Is it too early for a drink?" It was lovely. I ate, drank lovely drinks, played with my 4 perfectly adorable nieces, swam, walked, read the last 2 books of the Twilight series, played cards and took some great naps with Marc. One should live like that every day. If you're photo obsessed like me, you can see a complete record of the week here and here. If not, here are some highlight photos:





All 4 of my lovely nieces.







Marco and the girls, plus everyone's favourite lazy girl, Mina.











Fishing, boating, all your standard camp stuff...







Me and my dad and my new Gucci sunglasses! What more do you need?



As Kaili pointed out, Marc rowing me about yet again!









My niece wore these goggles pretty much all weekend. She never went swimming though.



And that's about it.


Camp = good. Try it.














No comments: