Friday, December 28, 2007

Siposberry 2007

Has it come and gone again so fast? Sigh...such fun was had at our annual Siposberry gathering held at party power couple Mike Sipos and Jocelyne Heneberry's house (hence the name). Not only was it a Christmas party but it was also a Christmas sweater party and folks came out decked in their holiday best. Me, I sported a holiday cardigan complete with shoulder pads that I liberated from my mother's closet. For Marc, we scoured Value Village and scored a sweet sweatshirt that read "Add Me To Your Wishlist." Beyond sweet...
Foodwise, it was a raging success yet again. We had a tapas theme this year and Mike and Joc outdid themselves yet again with plate after plate of delectable eats, fancy meats, fancier cheese, ceviche, Miss Gomm's kick ass cheeseball, so much good food and it lasted until the wee hours. We didn't tuck into my dessert until after 1am but sweet jebus was it worth the wait. I took a stab at the Dark Chocolate Gingerbread Trifle from the holiday issue of Food and Drink and it just may be the world's most perfect food. I highly recommend making it for yourself or for your next party. It's pretty impressive for not a whole lot of effort.
Also on the agenda was the annual gift stealing. This is definitely the gang to be in for the gift stealing game cuz there is never a dud to be found. No getting stuck with Santa pot holders with these folks!! I scored a gorgeous vintage playing card pin-up girl notepad from Kate Black's Etsy shop that I might have to fight Marc for. Also in my steal, a pretty freaking hilarious bottle-opener button offering 5 cent mustache rides...classic. My gift steal item was $10 worth of mixed hazelnuts, brazil nuts, almonds and walnuts that couldn't have ended up with a more appreciative recipient. Marc lucked out with an Isaac Hayes 3 disc box set. He's been wiggling his hips and winking at me ever since. I'm afraid....




I've attached various photos from the night that include shots from the gift steal, the annual shotgunning (that I didn't partake in), some key holiday sweater shots as well as Lisa's annual mounting of sleeping Shad (which I think he's now wised up to but that doesn't make it any less amusing).
Buckets of thanks to the Siposberry's for yet another fantastic holiday soiree!!

No comments: