Thursday, February 11, 2010

Hot Bunny Radio Playlist for February 11th: Anti-Valentines Day show!!!

CKLU 96.7 fm
6-8pm (18:00 - 20:00)

* denotes Canadian talent
italics denotes a new release


Tonight is the much-loved (by me) annual Anti-Valentines Day Show here at Hot Bunny Radio! Enjoy lots of kiss-off songs and likely a few sad ones too...

  • The Beatles -- Not A Second Time -- With the Beatles
  • Blake Babies -- Take Your Head Off My Shoulder --earwig
  • Bob Dylan -- Idiot Wind -- Blood on the Tracks
  • Camera Obscura -- Careless Love -- My Maudlin Career
  • The Damned -- So Messed Up -- Damned, Damned, Damned
  • Eric's Trip -- Hate Song -- Forever Again *
  • The Jam -- So Sad About Us -- Setting Sons
  • Jason Bajada -- Sad Song About You #2 -- Loveshit
  • Jim Bryson -- Mean Streak -- The North Side Benches *
  • Johnny Thunders -- Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory -- So Alone
  • Julie Doiron -- Dont Wannabe/Liked By You -- Woke Myself Up *
  • The Knickerbockers -- Lies -- Quivers Down the Backbone Birthday Compilation
  • Langhorne Slim -- Hummingbird -- Langhorne Slim
  • Liz Phair -- Girls! Girls! Girls! -- Exile in Guyville
  • Nancy Sinatra -- How Does That Grab You Darlin' -- How Does That Grab You?
  • Neko Case -- Runnin' Out of Fools -- Blacklisted
  • Okkervil River -- Calling and Not Calling My Ex -- The Stand Ins
  • The Queers -- No Tit -- Don't Back Down *
  • The Ramones -- I Don't Wanna Walk Around With You -- Ramones
  • The Replacements -- Answering Machine -- Let It Be
  • Rilo Kiley -- Does He Love You? -- More Adventurous
  • Ryan Adams -- Come Pick Me Up -- Heartbreaker
  • Sarah Harmer & Jason Euringer -- Your Cheatin' Heart -- Songs for Clem *
  • She & Him -- Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want -- (500) Days of Summer OSR
  • The Shins -- Gone For Good -- Chutes Too Narrow
  • The Smiths -- Unhappy Birthday -- Strangeways, Here We Come
  • Supersuckers -- 400 Bucks -- Reverend Horton Heat/Supersuckers
  • Thrush Hermit -- Before You Leave -- Clayton Park *
  • Violent Femmes -- Fat -- 3
  • Ween -- Piss Up A Rope -- 12 Golden Country Greats
  • The White Wires -- You're No Good For Me -- Girly, Girly, Girly *
  • The 5.6.7.8's -- I Don't Need You No More -- The 5.6.7.8's
  • P.J. Harvey -- Who The Fuck? -- Uh Huh Her


NOTES THIS WEEK:

  • Blake Babies -- an annual favourite cuz it's got lines like "all my tears are gonna be from joy."
  • Oh Bob, "you're an idiot babe, it's a wonder you still know how to breathe..."
  • "I think I'd rather F**K her mom" -- if that's not an anti-valentines day line I don't know what is....
  • That Johnny Thunders song makes me wanna give him a great big hug. You know, if he wasn't dead....
  • That Knickerbockers song makes me feel much tougher than I am in reality...
  • "I'm dreaming of leaving of my demons and the first one I'm leaving is you." Damn you Langhorne Slim.....so harsh and so sad...
  • Every time I hear "How Does that Grab You Darlin'" I'm reminded of why it's one of my all-time favourite songs ever.
  • It's like, alien-like freaky, that Neko can hit those notes in "Runnin Out of Fools" and make it sound like nothin'...
  • Okkervil River: a song about dating and breaking up with a Hollywood starlet. Oh we've all been there....
  • You're right Ramones, I wouldn't to walk around with someone who didn't want to walk around with me.
  • Nothing's more romantic than a girl stealing all your records, sleeping with all your friends and then doing it all over again...
  • I think cuz "you're evil and you lie" is a good reason to wish someone an unhappy birthday;
  • Maybe the Ween is the song you don't play with the kids around. It's just for the grown ups...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.