Monday, February 16, 2009

weekend round-up

I know I haven't done one of these in forever but seeing as how I spent the last 4 weeks in my pj's watching all 4 season of Grey's Anatomy on DVD, it just seemed a bit silly to continuously update you all on that sweet, sweet action.  But now that I'm back in the functioning world I actually have real stuff to say!!

Friday was the end of my first week back at work so needless to say, I pretty much crashed out like a giant Vegasaurus Rex.  

Saturday we had another Dogs = Awesome Party in the glorious sunshine so it was a great way to spend the day.  Tons of puppies running and playing and jumping and being cute is all I need for the day be a success.  I'm so happy these are taking off!  The dogs have such a great time and I like chatting with some new people and getting together with old friends all at the same time.  We're even meeting strangers at the parties who are so happy to have stumbled across a doggy gathering that they keep showing up!  It's so great!  Post doggy-party we stopped at Sweet Nothings and picked up some Valentine's Day sweets just for us and nobody else.    Saturday night we went out to dinner at Ristorante Verdicchio's with my folks and my brother and sis-in-law to celebrate my mom's b-day.  We ate our faces off and I had too much wine and topped that off with a cocktail that I clearly did not need.  Back at home, in a drunken play with Sadie, she managed to crack me in the nose with her head and cause a small nosebleed and now I'd swear something is out of joint.  There's no mark but it hurts like crazy to touch it. Let that be a lesson, don't drink and play with a puppy.

Sunday I think needs no explanation.  I was so hungover I could hardly move.  Clearly I am not healed enough to be able to handle that level of alcohol consumption.  We took Sadie out into the bush which helped to push things along a bit and then spent the rest of the day napping, eating homemade chili and watching season 2 of Dexter.

Today is Family Day here in Canada which means another day of relaxing in the amazingly warm sunny weather with no work!!  Youpee!!!!  Can I get a hallelujah for new holidays????

No comments: