Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hot Bunny Radio Playlist for November 19th

CKLU 96.7 FM
6-8pm

* denotes Canadian talent
italics denotes a new release



Our friend Dennis lost his sweet mom suddenly this past weekend. This is a show similar to the one I did when I lost my gramma. Sometimes sad music helps....
  • Johnny Cash -- Give My Love to Rose -- American IV: The Man Comes Around
  • Willie Nelson -- Can I Sleep in Your Arms? -- Red Headed Stranger
  • The Weakerthans -- Left and Leaving -- Left and Leaving *
  • Van Morrison -- Crazy Love -- Moondance
  • Rilo Kiley -- A Man/Then Me/Then Jim -- More Adventurous
  • Natalie Merchant -- Beloved Wife -- Live in Concert
  • Oh Susanna -- I'll Keep it With Mine -- Oh Susanna *
  • Neko Case -- South Tacoma Way -- Furnace Room Lullaby
  • Lucinda Williams -- Reason To Cry -- Essence
  • Leona Naess -- Ballerina -- Leona Naess
  • Neutral Milk Hotel -- April 8th -- On Avery Island
  • Joel Plaskett -- Unconditional Love -- Down at the Khyber *
  • She and Him -- Sentimental Heart -- Volume One
  • Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova -- Falling Slowly -- Once OSR
  • Jeff Buckley -- Last Goodbye -- Grace
  • Blur -- No Distance Left to Run -- 13
  • The Jayhawks -- Take Me With You When You Go -- Hollywood Town Hall
  • Hayden -- I Should've Been Watching You -- Skyscraper National Park *
  • Gillian Welch -- I Had A Real Good Mother and Father -- Soul Journey
  • Emmylou Harris -- All My Tears -- Wrecking Ball
  • Bright Eyes -- We are Nowhere and it's Now -- I'm Wide Awake It's Morning
  • Ben Harper -- Waiting on an Angel -- Welcome to the Cruel World
  • Cat Power -- Sea of Love -- The Covers Record
  • Elliott Smith -- Twilight -- From a Basement on the Hill
  • Ryan Adams -- Cry on Demand -- Demolition
  • Kate Maki -- Strangest Dream -- Confusion Unlimited *
  • Feist -- Lonely, Lonely -- Let It Die *
  • The Wooden Sky -- Angels -- If I Don't Come Home You'll Know I'm Gone *
  • Bon Iver -- Re: Stacks -- For Emma, Forever Ago

MUSICAL NOTES THIS WEEK:
  • All songs about Hurtin' and Healin' tonight;
  • Best parts of lonely indeed. Why is it so nice to relish in loneliness sometimes?
  • Van Morrison -- breaking and healing your heart all at the same time;
  • A song about a couple married longer than most people have been alive = super sad;
  • One of my favourite Bob Dylan covers courtesy of Oh Susanna;
  • Thanks to Neko Case for writing one of my all-time favourite ultra-sad songs. Sometimes I think it's entirely about me;
  • I think a boy made me practically wear out my copy of Essence. Stupid boys...
  • When Leona Naess sings the "please come back to me" line I'm incapable of not getting misty eyed....
  • Man have you ever looked at the lyrics for "April 8th" -- it's frigging crazy sad!!!!!!
  • "I hope you're with someone who makes you feel safe in your sleep." Ultimate sad break-up lyric. Swoon!
  • Remember in Juno when they play Sea of Love?? Such a sweet/super sad scene. Yup, I cried...
  • If I was Mandy Moore, I'd make Ryan Adams sing me "Cry on Demand" every single day or else DIVORCE!!

1 comment:

Dennis said...

Indeed music helps. There were a lot of tears, but music is a huge part of my life, and was a love of my mother's. My deepest thanks for tonight's show T-bone.