Thursday, September 3, 2009

Hot Bunny Radio Playlist for September 3rd

6-8pm

* denotes Canadian talent
italics denotes a new release

  • Black Lips -- Bad Kids -- (500) Days of Summer OSR
  • Eels -- The Longing -- Hombre Lobo: 12 Songs of Desire
  • Amelia Curran -- The Mistress -- Hunter Hunter *
  • Joel Plaskett -- On & On & On -- Three *
  • Modest Mouse -- Truckers Atlas -- The Lonesome Crowded West
  • Sleater-Kinney -- Let's Call It Love -- The Woods
  • Dan Mangan -- The Indie Queens are Waiting -- Nice, Nice, Very Nice *
  • Bob Dylan -- Joey -- Desire
  • The Wooden Sky -- My Old Ghosts -- Friends of Bellwood comp. 2 *
  • My Morning Jacket -- I Will Sing You Songs -- It Still Moves
  • The Antlers -- Sylvia -- Hospice
  • Broken Social Scene -- It's All Gonna Break -- Broken Social Scene *
  • Phoenix -- Love Like A Sunset Part I -- Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
  • Jenny Lewis -- The Next Messiah -- Acid Tongue
  • The Balconies -- The Slo -- The Balconies *
  • She & Him -- Bring It On Home To Me -- unreleased track
  • Amy Millan -- I Will Follow You Into the Dark -- Masters of the Burial *


MUSICAL NOTEY GOODNESS:
  • this Eels song is not a good song for boys in a break-up;
  • honestly Amelia Curran....HONESTLY! I can't even believe the sound of your voice...
  • Dear Dan Mangan: I must love anyone who names their album from a Kurt Vonnegut book;
  • Veda Hille on backing vocals too Dan Mangan? Very nice indeed;
  • The Wooden Sky just might be becoming my new fave obsession;
  • Man...playing a show of big fat giant long songs makes for a short playlist;
  • Oceans of thanks to Big CIty Kelly for unhiding that unreleased She & Him Sam Cooke cover song;
  • Can we ever get enough of Amy Millan? I think not.

No comments: