Friday, March 28, 2008

hillside festival gossip



So with our annual trek to Hillside Festival fast approaching I've begun my sleuthing to get the inside scoop on the performers. So far, there's not too much to report other than tickets go on sale Saturday, May 3rd. Last year, we came dangerously close to not getting tickets for the first time in 6 years. I freaking hope this year they sign on with an online ticket system that can actually handle the frenzy that is now Hillside ticket buying, instead of crashing one minute after they go on sale. Part of me loves that people are realizing what a tremendous festival this is but part of me longs for the first year we went when we decided to go 2 weeks before the festival, bought 3 full passes, found a room no problem and went. Now we have to book our rooms early (hell we booked ours in March!) and pray to the ticket gods to smile upon us.

Anyway, I poked around and obviously no big headliners have been leaked just yet I have managed to sleuth the following performers:
  • Kelly Joe Phelps
  • Moshav
  • Mr. Something Something
  • Po' Girl
  • Sue Foley
  • Evalyn Parry
  • some type of reuniting of Black Cabbage

And that's it. Nothing to get too excited about just yet I'm afraid but really, all I need to know is that the guy selling the African Peanut Stew will be there and I'm buying a pass.

4 comments:

kelly said...

Haale and Spiral Beach are also confirmed to be performing...

Canadian in London said...

I just saw that the weakerthans were performing on their website but maybe I read that wrong. If so, I'm insanely jealous.

note: thanks for making me a top five in your blog like two months ago!

tara said...

Kelly -- I saw Spiral Beach but not Haale. Sadly, I know neither of those bands. So unhip...

Shannon -- I'm on the prowl to validate that weakerthans rumour. I saw them for the first time at that festival, it'd be great to see them there again. Oh, this woman here in town lived in London for a million years and wrote this article for a local magazine with all her favourite haunts. I'm going to read it tonight and see if there's any gems in there worth passing on. Thanks for writing a great blog!!

Stefan Andrushenko said...

the weakerthans played hillside INSIDE in february.. but that doesn't completely rule them out for the summer edition. They are doing festival dates round North America this summer